- Assess regional research needs by monitoring emerging education issues and challenges;
- Maintain and refine research alliances through ongoing dialogue between educators in our region and researchers;
- Provide analytical technical support to increase use of data and analysis to identify and understand programs, make decisions, and learn;
- Conduct research and evaluation studies of rigor and method appropriate to the questions the study attempts to answer;
- Distribute results of REL research across the region; and
- Coordinate and partner with other RELs as well as federal, state, and local education research and technical assistance organizations.